November 18 @ 4:00 pm - November 20 @ 2:00 pm$495 – $695
An intimate weekend of gentle meditation and yoga
Brush off the cobwebs and come to country for a safe weekend of gentle meditation and yoga. The program includes
- Two Hatha flow morning yoga classes with David
- Three Mindfulness classes and exercises with Curt
- Guided bush walk and indigenous history talk through local Yengo tracks with Lewis
- Two yoga Nidra classes with David
- Fire Ceremony and Ritual with Curt
- Free Time to do nothing and relax
- Free use of 10 person Hydrotherapy Spa (and Swimming Pool)
- Optional KaHuna massage experiences with Luke
This retreat is designed to comply with current social distancing requirements . There will be plenty of space in the hall and shared spaces to maintain social distancing whilst enjoying social interaction. Our new massive hydrotherapy spa also enables safe use whilst maintaining appropriate distancing. All food preparation, serving, eating and cleaning arrangements will comply with the latest NSW Health guidelines.
Different accommodation options allow for different budgets and pricing has been kept as low as possible to reflect our current difficult times. See below for details.
About the Facilitators:
Curt Mason has over 15 years experience as a Counsellor and Psychotherpist and over 20 years experience as a mental health worker. His initial training was as a Person Centred Counsellor and Psychotherapist at the Metanoia Institute. He also has a Master of Gestalt psychotherapy at Gestalt Therapy Sydney.
Curt is trained and experienced in facilitating therapeutic groups and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programs. Curt has been a meditator for over 20 years.
Curt is one of the owners of Yanada and shares his time between the valley and Redfern where he runs a therapy practice.
David Helman has been a practicing yogi from the age of four. David’s introduction to yoga was through his Yogini mother and the time they spent living on a yoga ashram during David’s youth.
David completed his initial 200hr YTT with The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre at the age of 16 in 2001, making him one of the youngest teachers within the organisation. David continued his yogic training and involvment with Sivananda into adulthood, completing his 500hr YTT, Advanced Teacher Training, in 2015.
His continued study into yogic philosophy led him to discover the Sri Vidya Yoga traditions as taught by Yogananda & Rod Stryker, completing an additional 50hr Tantra Hatha Training at The Practice in Bali with Octavio Salvado. David teaches regularly in Sydney. Teaching private students as well as being a long standing teacher at Humming Puppy in Redfern. His teaching style is heartfelt & an energy focused Hatha physical practice incorporating Kriya Yoga meditation practices.
Check out our Gallery for more photos of the venue!
Awakening Meditation & Yoga Retreat Package includes:
- Two serene nights at Yanada Retreat Centre, only 90 minutes from Sydney CBD.
- Accommodation in twin share, dorm room or heated Glamping tents, all with luxury cotton linen and towels.
- All home cooked meals: healthy & nutritious organic vegetarian breakfasts, lunches, dinners and desserts.
- Tea coffee, snacks and fresh fruit.
- 4 Yoga Classes (Hatha Yoga, Dynamic Yoga) designed especially to energise, strengthen and relax your body, mind and soul.
- 3 Sitting & Walking Mindfulness Meditation sessions with mindfulness theory tuition.
- Outside Fire Ceremony.
- Free use of new hydrotherapy spa.
- Mats, cushions, stools and props supplied for each each class.
BOOK THE INCLUSIVE PACKAGE BY CHOOSING YOUR PREFERRED ACCOMMODATION BELOW:
- Twin / King Ensuite Room – $695
- Twin / King Room with Shared Bathrooms – $645
- Ensuite Dorm Room (up to 5 beds) – $595
- Luxury Heated Glamping Tent – $495
Why not try an optional Ka Huna Massage experience by Luke Kelly:
Ka Huna massage is a holistic approach to rejuvenation and healing for body, mind and soul. Ka Huna originated in the South Pacific and is also known as Hawaiian Temple Style massage or Lomi Lomi. The practitioner uses hands, forearms and elbows and moves around the table in flowing movements. They work with energy to apply soft and deep tissue massage. Music is played to harmonise the various rhythms within the clients body, mind and soul. Ka Huna is a full body, front and back massage, given in a safe, supporting environment. It instils a sense of calm, peace and deep relaxation.
You can book massages later but they must they must be booked online before the retreat and are limited to six over the weekend.
Don’t hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions!